This week the guys tackled the second bathroom. These are before and after shots. Before included no water or electric connections. After included completed toilet connections, bathtub water but no drainage connection as yet and basin stuff still not connected. Some tiling still needing completing but at least we have another working loo :)
While Mmalae tackled most of the tiling, Mark worked on connecting water piles etc in bathroom and finished overhead light connections in the walls in this bathroom, the spare room, school room and TV room. He still needs to connect the outlet points. But, enough was done that we could move into all the rooms and start unpacking. We'll just make do without celings in passage, second bathroom, second lounge area, school room, spare room and TV area until Mark can get go them. Mark also hung some kitchen cupboards on the walls in the kitchen, which aided more unpacking.
Mmalae is now taking a 2 or so week break. He will come back for short periods as Mark needs him and his other work allows. Tho Mark too is wanting to take a break from the pressure of 12 hour days and keeping Mmalae going. Will keep you updated as things start again.
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Jordan FOSTER. I grew up in this house with my parents, the Fosters. It is amazing! to see the changes. Thank you for putting the work in to keep this blog going. I really appreciate it. I am all the way in Canada now, so I don't really have the chance to get back to see the place. Maybe on my next visit back.
Thanks again! I will continue to follow.
Hi Jordan. Thanx so much for writing. Your mom mentioned that the roof we were working on when they arrived back in SA, had been yours. So that is why I took those pics for YOU on Week 4 of August. It will now be my sewing room and the guest room. We love the view out that window. If you're ever back in SA and want to visit you're so welcome (even to stay). This will also always be your house, truly we want you to feel that way. We're so happy to have your folks nearby again. They are very special to us. Keep well. In HIm Barb
Delete